7:00pm Meet and greet
7:15pm News / Current Events
7:30pm UTXOs Explained: Understanding Bitcoin Transactions for Beginners
In this discussion, we will
- Learn one of the fundamentals of Bitcoin: What is an unspent transaction output (UTXO).
- Learn what a UTXO has to do with the bitcoin blockchain.
- Learn how UTXOs are created, how they are consumed, and what they have to do with bitcoin transactions.
- See UTXOs in popular web based block explorers.
- Take a look at the current number of UTXOs in the bitcoin blockchain.
- Discuss how digital signatures are able to authorize the transfer ownership of the bitcoin stored in UTXOs to new UTXOs.
- Discuss how UTXOs are used by wallets and how poor wallet design and use can lead to poor transactional privacy.
- Mention CoinJoin transactions and how they seek to improve the privacy.
The event is hosted at McCarthy Stevenot Agency, Inc:
209 Main St
Milford, OH 45150
(Looks like an art gallery and has old trains in the front window).